Job Vacancy: Accounts & Bookkeeping Assistant (part-time)
First published on 29 August 2021 by Alastair
ACCOUNTS AND BOOKKEEPING ASSISTANT
Part-Time (20 HOURS PER WEEK)
M&S is Accountancy and Taxation is looking to take on an Accounts Assistant to work directly with clients and colleagues across their wide-ranging and interesting client base.
- Completing and updating clients accounting records on cloud software packages
- Preparation of VAT returns and dealing with client VAT issues
- . Company secretarial services.
- Building and maintaining client relationships.
- Accounts preparation work for limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and not for profit organisations. This includes all aspects of the accounting process from both manual and computerised records
- Clearing review points, making adjustments to accounts and submitting to Companies House
- Being one of the main contacts for clients with cloud accounting queries
- Planning and scheduling work to ensure that it is completed on time and within budget. Liaising with clients to ensure all Companies House filling deadlines are met.
- Excellent knowledge of, Xero, FreeAgent and other cloud accounting software
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Good time management and the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Experience of working in a professional accountancy practice.
- An ability to view work from a client’s perspective.
- A good team player committed to producing high quality work
What they offer
- Highly competitive remuneration, including profit share and generous pension contributions.
- Hybrid working which will permit a mix of both office and home working.
- Supportive and friendly working environment
- Commitment to personal development and training.
- Financial and time support to sit the Association of Accounting Technician (AAT) or other relevant professional exams is available if you would like to develop your qualifications.
In the first instance, please apply to our recruitment adviser, thePotentMix by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org