The 2019 edition of the M&S Accountancy and Taxation charity golf day has broken all previous records. The event, which took place at the Forrester Park Resort in Cairneyhill on Friday 7thJune, raised an incredible £4,800 for this year’s chosen causes: Children’s Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS) and ‘Connecting Communities’: a British Red Cross initiative to support the lonely and isolated. Kirsty Moran from CHAS and Mary Ann Barr of British Red Cross attended our offices on Wednesday 24thJuly (pictured here with M&S Accountancy and Taxation Director Stewart McKinnon), where they were each presented with half of the money.
Both Kirsty and Mary Ann expressed how overwhelmed their respective charities are by the generosity of everyone who contributed, with each explaining that much can be done with such sizable donations:
‘At CHAS’, Kirsty explained, ‘both Rachel House in Kinross, and Robin House in Balloch are open 365 days a year. They cost a great deal of money to run. This donation will actually fund all of the services available at one of the hospices for half a day, which is incredible!’
And for the British Red Cross Mary Ann added that the money ‘will significantly help the Connecting Communities project to continue addressing loneliness and isolation locally, particularly through the development of ‘Tea & Blether’ Friendship groups. The most recent of these to be set up is at The Hub, Chapel Street, Dunfermline.’
M&S too has been overwhelmed by the generosity of all donors this year, and we would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and express gratitude to everybody who contributed in so many different ways to the outstanding success of the 2019 fundraising campaign:
Thank you …
- to everyone who supported the event so generously on the day, where more than half of the final total was raised through donations, various competitions, through a silent auction and a bumper raffle
- to our fantastic hosts at Forrester Park Resort, with particular mention to Professional Paul Edgecombe for his tremendous assistance, especially prior to the event, and to Head Chef Alistair Clark and his catering team for serving such a delicious meal and attending to us so well.
- To Claire of Zenspirations Photography and Design for donating her services and for capturing the day so well, including photographing all of the teams
- to all those who couldn’t get along to participate, but who donated so kindly nonetheless.
- to those in the golfing community (listed below) who rallied round our call for support by contributing a cavalcade of prizes that ranged from: fourball vouchers to afternoon teas; and from gift cards to lessons that utilize the latest technology.
- and finally, to all of our friends, clients, suppliers, other companies and individuals (also listed) who gave so much through general donation, through sponsoring the holes and the putting competition, and by putting up a brand new Skoda car once again as a hole in one prize.
The Golf Community:
Forrester Park Resort Airdrie GC Mount Ellen GC Fife Golf Trust
St Andrews Fairmont Harburn GC Linlithgow GC Canmore GC
Crail Golfing Society Niddry Castle GC Campsie GC Renfrew GC
King James V1 GC Pitreavie GC Dalziel Park GC Crow Wood GC
Forthview Driving Range Stirling GC Callander GC Ralston GC
St Andrews Links Trust Pumpherston GC Dunbar GC Alloa GC
Ratho Park GC Adventure Golf Island
West End Garage Skoda The Potent Mix Utility ROV Services ltd
Craig Morman Ceramics Ltd Cairn Independent Ltd Ian Scott
Myrtle Coffee Services Ltd Be-It.co.uk Clear Strategy Ltd
Malcom, Jack and Matheson Cairn Corporate Ltd Stevenson and Marshall
Watsons Investments John McCormack Elite Office Supplies
Grill48 The Pantry + Kitchen Aberdein Considine
Posture Fife Search Barclays
BJ McBride CW Energy LLP Secure Airparks
Advance Plumbing and Heating Services Ltd
Stewart with Kirsty and Mary Ann
Stewart and Kirsty Moran
Stewart and Mary Ann Barr